Opens in a new window
10 to 12 servings
- This cheesecake is rich and chocolatey and best of all, it is diabetic friendly!
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●1 cup ground almond meal
- ●2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ●1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ●2 packages (8 ounces each) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ●1/2 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK No Sugar Added Chocolate Flavor Powder
- ●1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●2 large eggs, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together almond meal, butter and sugar. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Decrease oven temperature to 325° F.
Beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese in large mixer bowl on high speed, scraping down side of bowl as needed, for about 3 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy. Beat in evaporated milk, Nesquik, cocoa powder and salt on low speed to incorporate. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour into crust.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are puffed but center still jiggles (it will continue to bake and set as it cools). Cool to room temperature on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
This cheesecake pairs well with an active lifestyle. Try balancing this treat by serving with fresh fruit.